Regulators in Australia and New Zealand are actively exploring the shift to a risk-based approach. With risks constantly evolving, the right risk-based approach will play a critical role in ensuring a timely, prompt and appropriate regulatory response towards identified and emerging risks.
The Driving Risk-Based Regulation digital conference will bring together regulatory professionals, experts, and best practice case studies from a wide range of jurisdictions across Australia and New Zealand and the UK, to discuss the challenges and opportunities of risk-based regulation.
Objective are the exclusive sponsor for this two-day digital event. As a RegTech vendor who deliver software that enables risk-based regulation, we help government agencies gain the benefits of this technology and deliver improved outcomes for communities. We want to further contribute to accelerating risk-based regulation in Australia and New Zealand and are well-aligned with the goals of The Hatchery and this conference.
Why you should attend
- BENCHMARK against other regulators and learn from the steps they have taken to be a modern risk-based regulator.
- HEAR a range of case studies on how regulators have effectively leveraged data to identify risks and compliance.
- LEARN how to use your resources effectively by identifying the high-risk operators through data sharing and collaboration.
- EXAMINE the importance of relationship building and collaboration with industry while avoiding regulatory capture.
You’ll hear practical insights from regulators on their approaches to risk-based regulation and will uncover the role of data to identify risks and to inform regulatory decision-making. Learn how to mature your existing risk-based approaches to regulation all the while learning the fundamentals of successful risk-based regulation.
An impressive line-up of speakers
This conference brings together a long list of regulatory professionals and experts from across Australia and New Zealand. A few distinguished speakers to look out for:
Alan Clamp – Founding trustee Institute of Regulation & Chief Executive Officer. Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care, UK.
Elizabeth Tydd – Information Commissioner. Information & Privacy Commission NSW.
Keith Manch – Chief Executive & Director. Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) New Zealand.
Anna Cronin – Commissioner Better Regulation. Red Tape Commissioner.
Rose Webb – Chair of the National Committee - ANZSOG National Regulators Community of Practice. Former Deputy Secretary, Better Regulation Division & Commissioner, NSW Fair Trading.
Sarah Bounden – Principal Service Improvement Specialist. Department Families, Fairness and Housing Victoria.
Stéphane Breton – Principal Project Officer, Connect for Safety. Department of Communities and Justice, NSW.
Full list of speakers here.
Home Affairs customer presentation
Tracey Mackay, Director of Strategic Information and Analysis at the Australian Government’s Cyber and Infrastructure Security Centre will be presenting about how the agency is a risk-based regulator. Tracey's presentation description is as follows:
Embedding a risk-based approach in protecting Australia’s critical infrastructure
- Risk-based planning and implications of Covid-19 on the regulation of the aviation and maritime sectors.
- Detecting trends, including security non-compliance, and undertaking enforcement action through a regulatory management system.
- The importance of being a risk-based and data-driven regulator.
Want to attend?
The Hatchery’s two-day digital conference – Driving Risk-Based Regulation is a paid event and registrations are open here.
Stay tuned for our follow-up blog outlining Objective’s insights from the event.