We collect information relating to you and your use of our Services from a variety of sources, but always do so fairly and only to the extent permitted by law. Some of this information is collected directly from you, some from your use of our Services and some from third parties. We collect Personal Information from you unless it is unreasonable or impractical to do so.
Personal Information we collect directly from you is the information that you voluntarily supply to us, which may include your name and contact details when you contact us, subscribe to our Services or apply for a job; your account details including passwords, billing details such as credit card information and personal account settings such as preferences or profiles (for example, preferred language or time zone); survey data (your answers to questions); information about the device you are using to access the Services and any other data that you directly submit to us, for example, by entering competitions or providing reviews.We only collect information that is reasonably necessary for our functions and activities, including supplying you with the Services.
If you apply for a position with us, we may also collect your employment-related information, employment history, education and qualifications.We will generally collect the information from you but may also collect information from employment agencies, your referees, and your former employers and educational institutions.
Information we collect from other sources includes:
- Data from third parties, but only if those third parties are lawfully permitted to share your information with us.
- Any external source, if you came to our website via a link on another website or an email.We record information about the source that referred you to us.
- Personal Information from social media sites, for example, if you send us a tweet on Twitter.
- Usage data about what you do when you access our Services. This may include which web pages you visit, what you click on and when.Our web servers also collect data from the device you use to access our Services, such as your IP address and possibly your location.The servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses our servers.
We use various technologies to obtain usage data, including:
- Cookies and similar commonly-used information gathering tools which are small files placed on the User’s hard drive during a visit to a website to allow fast, easy and meaningful navigation around the site.These technologies may be used by us or our service providers to analyse and track how Users use our websites.Standing alone, cookies do not identify you, they only recognise your browser. When you give us information, we can also send cookies to remember Users’ settings and preferences.Objective uses both session-only and permanent cookies, often depending on whether the use is casual or a more complex interaction (such as by a subscriber).
- Local Storage, such as HTML5, to store user preferences. Third parties who provide advertising on our websites can personalise advertising based on your web browsing activity by using Flash cookies and HTML5 to collect and store information.We do not disclose your identity to advertisers, but the Flash cookies remember which browsers have visited the websites.
- Web beacons, which are often used in marketing emails to notify Objective when you click on a link in the email that directs you to one of Objective’s websites.
- Social media features, such as the Facebook “Like” button, which may collect your IP address, detect which page you are visiting on our website, and set a cookie.
Objective may provide publicly accessible bulletin boards, blogs or community forums on Objective’s websites.Any information that you choose to provide in these forums may be read, collected or used by others who visit these forums, including to send you unsolicited messages. Objective has no control over the collection, use and disclosure by third parties of Personal Information which you may choose to submit in these forums.
If you provide a testimonial to be displayed on an Objective website, it may include information such as name and title.Objective will always obtain your consent prior to posting any testimonial.
If you provide us with unsolicited Personal Information which is not lawful for us to collect we will, as soon as practical, destroy that information.