Updated: 7 July 2020
Objective Corporation is regularly monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic situation, and in parallel making the appropriate contingency plans. All departments have conducted risk assessments and put in place contingency plans to minimise the impact on day to day operations, our people, and our customers.
To ensure the well-being of staff and families, Objective management has recommended changes aligned to National and Local Government guidelines with employees working from home. Read more in Remote Operations below.
The following policies have been implemented to reduce overall risk:
- All employees who are displaying symptoms or feeling unwell have been advised they should continue to work from home and arrange testing.
- All employees who have been in contact with anyone who has symptoms or is feeling unwell have been advised to work from home.
- We are applying the same restrictions to all visitors (vendor, customer or partner) to our offices.
- We have requested employees conduct meetings (vendor, customer or partner) by video conference where possible.
- Strict hygiene policies are in place in all offices, globally.
Depending on National and Local Government, Objective has recommended that staff in Australian and UK based offices work off-site until further notice.
Processes and systems are in place and Objective is enabled to continue business as usual.
Offices remain open and are fully functional, however Objective recommends limiting the number of external meetings where possible and to organise digital video meetings instead.
Working with Customers
We are confident that we have the plans and systems in place to support our customers going forward. We will also be working with any customers with current projects, to ensure we have the required remote access and contingency plans in place to minimise disruption.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact your Objective Account Manager in your local office or use this online form.